Instructions for making coffee table
1. Purchase an old coffee table. It doesn't matter if the top is scratched because it will eventually be covered. Remove the top of the coffee table from the legs and cover with foam/cushion of your choice. Use batting to cover over the foam and staple the batting to the coffee table.
2. Purchase fabric or leather of your choice. Make sure to measure at least half a yard extra just in case. You rather have a little more fabric then not enough and end up wasting the whole piece of fabric.
3. Measure how many buttons you want on your coffee table. Measure and make your markings on the underside of the top. Use a pencil to mark on your wood coffee table. Its easier to use a pencil. Pen or marker doesn't work as well.
4. Make buttons. Follow instructions on package. I wanted leather buttons so it was thicker and harder to make into buttons but its possible with a clamp.
6. Use string and thread your button through the fabric and coffee table. I didn't have special thread or a needle so I just used dollar tree ribbon and my bobby pin. Staple the button using thread of your choice in place and use a zigzag pattern on the underside.
I made sure I used two ribbons for each button for added durability.
9. Reattach the top and enjoy your new coffee table.