Thursday, May 16, 2013

Expensive crystal knobs

Today I bought clear crystal knobs for Emily's toy storage. At $6 a pop, they are expensive. I didn't have time and energy to go look for other options so I just bought them since I was already at Homedepot.  So far, I've spent about $180 for everything. Its a little over my initial budget but its okay. A similar Pottery Barn version would have cost me way over 1K so I'm one happy momma.

Dresser $100
Paint and supplies $40
Crystal knobs $40

When I refinish furniture, I usually reuse the knobs. This was the second time I had to buy knobs for our furniture. Last time I refinished Emily's changing dresser I had to buy three knobs. Lucky they were very affordable. I think they cost me under $10 for three.


Here are the knobs I purchased at Homedepot. They are not super cute but good enough for us. We can't afford anything cuter. There were more affordable alternatives but they were a little too small. 







Here they are on the toy storage.  Excuse the horrible picture. The sun was coming down and I just repainted a fresh coat of white so the windows were down. Knobs didn't make a significant difference but compared to the old wooden knobs they are a nice upgrade. 





And of course a before picture.




I just ordered her daybed and rug. Can't wait until they come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment