Saturday, April 26, 2014

Oh the ugly desk

I've been scratching my head and trying to figure out what the heck to do to fix up binh's ugly desk. His desk is a commercial/office desk and just simply didn't go well with our home office. Here's a picture of his desk to refresh your memory.




He refused to give up on "his" desk. I had gotten the other free desk from CL a while back and it was just sitting in our backyard waiting to be finished. Here's the desk I got from CL for free. His reasoning for not wanting this desk: it simply didn't have enough leg room for him. Apparently my husband thinks he's really tall.. but in actuality he's about the size of a midget but thats another subject. He claims he needs more leg room under the desk. 





So fast forward a couple of weeks, as the desk sat in our backyard. And my wonderful dad came over this morning and did this to it: 



Yep... he removed the drawers to the right of the desk. The original drawers were in bad shape and needed reinforcement anyways so I asked him to remove them completely. My dad is so good he even saved the molding and covered the bottom so it would look more cohesive. He sanded the top of the desk down so I would have a smooth finish to paint on. Seriously.. I don't know what I would do without my dad. Now Binh has no more excuses as to why he doesn't like this desk. I'm still debating what color/style to paint it. I'm so excited about getting rid of Binh's other desk, I might even make him prime and paint this desk this weekend and finish off the office once and for all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment