Wednesday, April 9, 2014

More storage in the office

Yesterday was exciting. My dad picked up a computer cabinet for me for $25. It really looks like an armoire and it fits the space perfectly. The office use to house the vacuum because putting it in the garage was inconvenient for me. I wanted to keep all my cleaning supplies and vacuum in the office but still be able to hide all the clutter.


This is how the cabinet looks: 




It was made to be a hide away work station. Here's the inside before my dad put his hands on it. I asked him to remove all the shelving and leave the drawer in place so I can hide my cleaning supplies.



This is what it looked like this morning: Fits my vacuum and extra chair perfectly. 





Here's the new room layout in case you wondered.  I moved Binh's office desk over a little so I can add a floor lamp or something along the corner just to even things out a little. 





Here's his desk. After much debate I have agreed to let Binh keep his ugly desk. I"ll give it a face lift but not sure what I plan to do with it yet. I'll have to think really hard to make this desk work. 





Here's the other side of the room: I also decided to remove the black love seat. It just made everything look so crowded. We don't really need all the extra seating. I just put an order in for a rug so it should arrive next week. Update on rug, artwork above sofa, and pending ottoman makeover coming soon. 





The whole office feels so much more organized and clean. Feels like a new room actually. I can't wait to repaint the cabinet and Binh's desk. Its seriously taunting me everyday as I pass by the office. They are double daring me to paint them and go into labor. LOL


Here are the before and afters for comparison:

 

 





Total budget breakdown so far: 

Large entertainment center and paint: $60
Desk: free 
Accessories for desk: $63
Storage cabinet: $25

Total: $150

I'm not sure what color I want to repaint the cabinet yet. I won't be spending anymore money on new paint though. I'll use what I already have so it will most likely be white or one of the existing gray colors in the room. Overall, I think I've saved a lot of money considering I got three new major furniture pieces for the room and so far I've spent under $150. Any single one of those furniture pieces could have easily cost me over $150.



No comments:

Post a Comment