Thursday, August 22, 2013

DIY pinch pleated drapes

Today was the first time I took a real stab at doing pinched pleated drapes. I scored some super clearance fabric at Joanns the other day. Its a white and pink damask pattern. Its not really my cup of tea for the design but I figured what the heck... its so cheap and I needed to practice making drapes. I got six yards of the fabric for only $12. Its a fairly thick outdoor/indoor canvas like fabric so I knew it was a good price. I might put it in Emily's big girl playroom.


Heres a very bad picture of my DIY curtains/drapes take 1. 



I think I did okay for a first timer. I'll be back on Monday to do a quick tutorial on how I made these without anything extra. Just fabric and a sewing machine. I am cooking up a plan to hang these with just a regular plain curtain rod.

No comments:

Post a Comment