Thursday, May 29, 2014

Quick update..

I've been missing for the last two weeks. Today I finally have some new updates. Its much more difficult to find time to finish up DIY projects when you have two kids, especially when one feeds every 3 hours around the clock. But some good news, I've been able to squeeze in some mini projects between their two hour afternoon naps. I'll start blogging less now due to lack of time and energy plus once I start working again it will be even more difficult to do projects. Expect about one post a week in the future.

Anyways... moving on to my projects. Last time I posted some fun coral fabrics that I grabbed from Joanns to brighten up our living room sectional. I started off with these pillows. I somehow always end up slowly collecting random pillows. They don't match my decor so they all got a facelift. 

The red pillow from the bed in a bag in our guest room was the first to get a facelift. It was my first time  at attempting to do the greek key design. I didn't have ribbon so I used some blue fabric in place of ribbon. It came out okay but I wished I would have allowed more space on the edges. Whole project didn't cost me anything because I had all the fabric/supplies. The pillow went back into the guest bedroom. 

The other pillows got turned into this: 

I'm not sure what I want to do with the other left over pillows but these were the ones I was able to get to before my kids woke up. 

And.. the free desk that I got on CL for Binh's office got painted. I started off with the below picture. I used Kilz primer on the top of the table and on some of the bare particle wood that was showing on the bottom. I wanted to make sure the black paint would stick to the table.

Then I painted the whole thing with black paint in eggshell. Sorry the picture is pretty bad quality but thats the best I could do for now. I have no time to try to take better pictures. Kids are up and need my full attention.

Here are the sides and back on the table. 

This is the other side of the desk. I didn't have time to paint this but I plan to leave it in the original color because it will be facing the wall and no one will see it. If you notice, theres blue tape on the gap due to removal of the drawers. I needed a quick and easy solution so I just added painters tape to the other side and painted it over with black paint. Now you can't see the gap anymore from the front of the desk. I don't think anyone will really notice since a chair will be there most of the time and it will be facing the wall. 

Heres my desk inspiration from Ballard designs for $1K. I'm hoping my finished product will look pretty close to this desk. 

I'll have Binh's old desk moved out by sometime next week. I'll be back to post more updated pictures of the finished office space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment