Monday, February 24, 2014

Search for a new lamp

I've been keeping an eye out for a new lamp for Emily and Kaley's room. I'm not sure if prices have gone up dramatically or if I'm just getting cheaper by the day but I really couldn't find anything I liked for under $30. It doesn't have to be super fancy but just something small and cute. I decided to visit Goodwill and spotted two lamps for $11 total. One green colored lamp for our guest bedroom and a glass lamp for the nursery. I dropped by at Target to do my weekly routine visit and scored some clearance lampshades for only $3 each. 


 Here's the small glass table lamp I got for $6. 




This green colored lamp will go in the guest bedroom once I repaint it another color. I'm debating on what color to paint it. I'm thinking just white since I already have the paint. I'm too lazy to go get new spray paint. Scored this for $5.




Target had these lampshades for $3 each on their clearance section. I grabbed two to finish off our lamps.




Once I got home, I didn't even remove the plastic from the lampshade yet and tested it out to see if the combination works for our nursery. So far I like it. I don't love it but for the price, I can't complain. Its the perfect size, not too much competition with the rest of the decorations in the room, and the price I wanted to pay. One day when I repaint the green lamp in the guest bedroom I will repaint the middle brass part of this lamp too. It doesn't really bother me too much but I would prefer it silver or white instead.





Here it is on the stand next to Kaley's crib. I also got rid of some decorations on that stand and added more neutral and pale pink decor I had laying around the house. The sun is shining into the room so the pink looks way more pink then it really is. 


List of supplies/decor on shelf. 

Next to the lamp is just a pale pink lid from an old shoe box. Its sturdy, matches what I want, free, and a good size for that spot. The piggy we bought from Target on clearance a while ago has always been there so nothing new. The little basket was from a gift and I kept it to put random supplies in there. I put some newborn clothes I got from our sweet friend Bev. The last shelf just has an empty Janie and Jack gift box that I've kept for decorations. 




Here's an updated picture of Kaley's side of the room. Once I'm done with her side, I will do a post on the frame, how we hung it, and the details of the artwork. Kaley's side looks depressing compared to Emily's grand princess canopy bed but I'm not done. Once I'm done, both girls will have their own unique spot in the room. 




No comments:

Post a Comment