Friday, April 24, 2015

Additions to our backyard

Lately I've been busy updating our backyard for our upcoming Minnie mouse party. The last few years, I've always set up tables for guests to sit outside but it seems like no one ever sits outside except for the men who drink. This year, I've decided to completely forgo extra tables and seating and let the guests sit wherever they feel comfortable. However, that means I have to find extra seating for the backyard. So far, I've added a patio sofa and some dining chairs.

Today I'm back to report that I've added a few more pieces I found on CL. I've added a long bench, chair, and table. The chair and bench were bought on CL for only $20 ($10 each from the same person). I really loved the chair because it matches my sofa.



Here's their transformation after a little bit of black outdoor paint and a cushion makeover with the same fabric from my sofa makeover. 





Here's my sofa to refresh your memory. 



I bought the Angso table from Ikea for $200. I usually don't buy new furniture anymore but I felt that it was a sturdy table that would last a long time. It was also a good size and could comfortably seat eight people. I initially was going to get the Applaro for $100 during their sale but was disappointed in the size and quality of that table. 




I have a few small upcoming projects for the backyard that include a $15 6x9 rug makeover and $10
solar DIY chandelier. Lastly, I have yet to blog about Kaley's party projects because they are mostly incomplete. I've gathered supplies and have started on some but none are complete yet. Hopefully I can have a blog post about her invitations by tomorrow. As for now, Happy Friday!! Enjoy your weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment