Monday, October 20, 2014

Halloween is almost here.. part 1

I'm back and ready to post about our budget halloween decorations. This year we are hosting Halloween so I wanted to try to decorate a little. Its so hard to do anything with two young kids nowadays. Kaley is starting to eat solids so I'll be able to make her baby food and toss her to daddy more often. Before when she was only breastfed, she was all mines night and day. Now its time for Binh to do some daddy duties; that also means I have all the time in the world to sleep. Jk. All kidding aside… this year I wanted to decorate for Halloween. This is also our first year decorating for Halloween.  I started off with nothing. I spent $35 on all the decorations. Most were from Dollartree and a big spider from online.

Since Emily is still young, I had to find kid friendly theme. After much thought I decided on itsy bitsy spider theme. Emily had a lot of fun counting the spiders and helping me spread out the spider webs. It took about 30 minutes to hang all the spiders and web by myself. I made a simple warning sign out of regular white card stock I had from previous projects. I wanted to make a few more signs but I ran out of ink so I'll have to order more ink. I copied Brooklyn limestones spider infestation theme.





I bought this big spider from a chinese website. I thought it was going to be a lot bigger but it will do for now. I'm still in the search for a giant spider to go on the roof of my house. 




I bought some rats, spiders and web from Dollartree. I thought the rats were so cute. They are motion sensed so whenever someone comes by they make rat sounds. 




Here's a close up picture of the rats. 




Here's my simple $35 Halloween decor for now. I'm planning to add more if I have time. 

1 comment:

  1. Regardless of the sort of business, a survey is the best approach to find out how and what people genuinely think. One such poll is being conducted by Dollar Tree, allowing customers a chance to express their real-world experiences. Additional benefits include the opportunity to win a daily prize of $1,000. By doing this and enhancing their client services, DollarTreeFeedback treats its customers in a win-win manner. The only requirement for customers is to complete the Dollar Tree customer satisfaction survey, provide truthful feedback, and enter to win one of several amazing prizes.dollartreefeedback

    ReplyDelete