First off my father helped me repaint the nursery. It was a light pale green color before and I got tired of it really fast. We repainted it to a much more neutral blue/gray color from Benjamin Moore called Gray Wisp. I heard it was very close to Restoration Hardware's Silver Sage. So far I'm extremely happy with the color selection.
Second, we reorganized the furniture in the room so it can accommodate Emily's new big girl toddler day bed. Emily's big girl day bed in en route and soon to arrive on Wednesday.
Finally, I've been crushing on crib bedding but wow.. they are extremely expensive. Well, too expensive for someone 20 inches long who doesn't even know how to admire it. So I was set to make my own crib bedding. I spent roughly under $50 for new floor length crib skirt (diy), new crib fitted sheet, crib bumper (diy), toddler bed comforter (diy), pillows for toddler bed and rocking chair (diy), and new fitted sheet for toddler bed. Not bad considering a crib bumper and fitted sheet alone can cost $50.
Here's a teaser of the diy crib bedding in progress. Excuse the room, its a total mess due to all the painting and furniture being moved around.
Everything started with a pile of old bedsheets, Emily's old crib bumper, and a new pair of satin Jacklyn Love panels I scored at Homegoods for $15. This was the pile of stuff I started with before. I love the panels because its the perfect shade of pale Robins egg blue. I'll be making Emily's big girl bedding with the rest of the remaining fabric. Wait for my post tomorrow for updates.